Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Holiday Weekend

First off, a couple random thoughts from the week. I rarely (and I really emphasize rarely) even pick up my camera during the week. I've gotten into this routine of taking pictures of our weekend activities and blogging them Sunday or Monday night. I don't know what came over me, but I actually did pick it up a few times this week.

I bought this Mr. Potato Head for a birthday gift last summer. For some reason, we didn't make it to the party, and Mr. Potato Head became Brendan's by default. It was still in the box until this week.
He loves it, and for some reason we were sort of surprised when he knew where most of the pieces were supposed to go.

I think I've mentioned before that I can't get this kid to eat vegetables. Fruit? Yes. He'll eat his weight in grapes. But veggies? He throws them - either at me or on the floor. But he'll eat them at daycare. Go figure. A friend of mine at work told me to let him serve himself (like they do at daycare) and she would bet that he'd eat what he puts on his plate. I tried it. We put a carrot on his plate the other night and I looked over at him and it was gone. I looked on the floor and in his lap but I didn't see it. I gave him another one, and that time I saw him eat it. The next night he ate them again.
Seven of them, in fact. Along with several spoonfuls of peanut butter. That's right. He loves peanut butter but he doesn't want it on a sandwich. He'll just have a big glob of it.



They were playing and someone let a big toot. I'll let you decide which one of them did it.

This weekend started off with a birthday. Tom's birthday.
It was a pretty uneventful day.

The three of us hung out together, and then Tom and I had a date night.

Sunday we headed out with the intention of going back to Mona Kids. We decided to stop instead at A&W because they have a huge playground outside.







In case nobody believes that I play with him, too, here you go. We love to play chase.













When he ditched the playground and tried to join a Japanese family for lunch at their picnic table, we decided it was time to go inside to eat. We had never eaten at an A&W, and while we don't intend to make it a habit, it was great. They give you big glass mugs of root beer and they walk around with pitchers and refill them for you.

This morning we got up and headed to the aquarium. We haven't had much luck with the weather when we've gone before. The first time it was freezing cold and the second time it was scorching hot. Today it was a little better and we got to play outside for a little bit.

We had seen these bouncy nets before but we didn't realize they spread out so far.


Once again, he drew a crowd.






Best looking man there.

When it was time to go, it was pouring down rain. Brendan scored a sheet of marine animal stickers to help pass the time while we waited for it to let up.

The cinnamon churro helped pass some time, too.

Hope everyone has a short week this week!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! How nice that you and your hubby were able to go out and have a date night :)

    Those bouncy nets look like so much fun! I'd like to go play there too!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers