Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

This Is It

Happy Fourth! I hope everyone remembers the reason for this day off of work.

We spent our long weekend doing lots of fun stuff. We went to America Fest on base Friday night. Brendan is apparently still a bit small for things like static aircraft displays. He wasn't particularly interested, and Tom sees plenty of the flight line already, but I thought it was neat.










He got his first taste of cotton candy.
He was such a grouch that he didn't even want to try it at first. But curiosity won out.

I honestly think he preferred pink lemonade over cotton candy. He definitely gets that from his dad.




Yesterday we headed north and went to the aquarium. Someone (who will remain nameless) was a grouch.

I must admit, it was almost unbearably hot. But we couldn't figure out what his problem was once we were inside. We made the mistake of letting him out of the stroller to touch the stuff in the touch tank. I couldn't get any pictures because it took both of us to keep him from breaking limbs off of the starfish, and squeezing the innards out of the sea cucumbers. And putting him back in his stroller after that? He wasn't having it.



This is me mouthing to Tom that "I'm so embarrassed."

He pitched a fit the entire time we tried to eat lunch. I was that mom again.

This was the highlight of our day.


It lasted about 20 minutes.


He slept just long enough for us to get settled in our seats with a Coke float for the dolphin show. He woke up in time to drink half of mine.




We all enjoyed the dolphin show, which is free (!) for anyone.

It's beautiful up there.




The facility itself is massive.







This is our last post until we get home.... I hope you're ready, Virginia!

P.S. My Mother's Day plant bloomed!


1 comment:

  1. You're in VA??!! I wish we could see you guys, but I'm sure you'll be spending much deserved/needed time with family. Maybe we'll have the fortune of bumping into you guys! Looks like you guys had a blast, and I must admit, some days, naptime is as much needed for me as it is for the kids. Your little man looks so grown up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers