Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Peanut!

I can't believe our little peanut is 2 years old.  How did that happen so fast?

We had his party last weekend since we knew Daddy was going to have to go out of town.  We considered bowling, but since the bowling alley doesn't even open until around nap time, that was out.  We knew we needed an indoor venue, and we knew we did NOT want to have the party at our house.

Xystus Kidsland to the rescue.





We miss you, Taeko.


When he got up from his nap he was delighted to find a basketball goal in our living room.

He could hardly contain his excitement.
You should just hear how excited I get when my boy makes a basket.  I'll always be his biggest cheerleader.  For now he loves it.  I know in a few years I'll be an embarrassment.





He loves to be just like Dad.





Since today was his actual birthday, we had a date for birthday pancakes.


He had his two year well check-up (he checked out perfectly), and he doesn't need shots (except the flu shot) until he's 4!

I heard he had a rough afternoon at daycare.  This is probably due mostly to boredom since he is now the oldest in his class.  I'm sure the dreary weather and lack of outdoor play also has a lot to do with it.  So we went home and hung out together.  We ordered pizza, and ate chocolate cupcakes.

Don't worry, Dad, I'm giving the rest of the cupcakes away and we'll be eating lots of fruits and veggies the rest of the time you are gone.  Today was just special. 

2 comments:

  1. I miss you Brendan and mommy, Cant wait to see you in Guam! Lots of fishes to swim with:) Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Big Guy! That truck toy looks awesome. What is it?

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers