Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Last Alone Day

 
 Tom and I spent our last day off (alone) together visiting Nakamura House.  It's a rich Okinawan farm house dating back to about 1725.
 
Although there were clearly some things that were not from 1725, it was a pretty neat place to see.



It was amazing how cool it was inside the house, even though it was so hot outside.






Saw these guys outside and had to take this photo for Mom.
 

I think this is the first time we'd actually seen goya growing since we've been here.  It's definitely not something we like to eat.
 
These were in the parking lot next to our car....they reminded us of Spongebob (Brendan's new favorite thing to watch, I'm ashamed to admit) so I had to snap a quick picture.

We picked Brendan up a couple hours early and went outside to play.  Our first stop was the huge spider Daddy keeps seeing in the mornings.



This was definitely the biggest one I've ever seen, or ever care to see.

And then we headed to the playground.


He found this star on the ground and told me all about how stars twinkle high up in the sky.

He's grinning because I just told him not to dump the water out and he's about to do it anyway.

 
Some big boys came out to play and then went and hid from some girls behind this wall.  Brendan normally hangs back by us and just keeps an eye on the bigger kids.  But this time he moseyed on over there.  And then he peeked his head around the corner and roared at them.
 
And he had to get them from the other side, too.
 
The girls came over to play and Tom wanted to make sure we had a picture of Brendan in the middle of them.
 
He's saying, "See, Mommy? Look at me!"
 
He was such a mess after dinner that I stripped him down and put on the only shirt I had available downstairs - his summer reading program shirt.  He loved it and didn't want to take it off for his bath.
 
 
I could be mistaken, but I think he wants Dad's attention.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the spider with Tom in the back, Craig said it was too scary...the girls love their summer reading shirts too, it must be something about how big they are that the kids don't want to take them off, ever!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers