Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Durham Museum

When I interviewed for my job, one of the ladies mentioned the Durham Museum to me.  She told me there was a train Brendan would be able to climb around on.  I googled it and didn't think it looked like a super kid friendly place, but for $8 I figured it was worth a shot.  He's been waking up in the middle of the night every night, and getting up for the day before 7.  We needed to get out of the house.


I have taught him to recognize the American flag, and frequently I hear from the backseat, "'Merican flag, 'Merican flag!"  Makes me smile every single time. 


I told him we were going to see some "stuff."  I was afraid to mention choo choos for fear of disappointing him.  The worry was completely unnecessary.  The Durham Museum did not disappoint.















Check out the drive-in theater in the miniature town.


We spent what felt like hours watching the model trains in this model town.  Long after the other patrons had come and gone we were still watching.




He got on the big choo choo again.

And then returned to the miniature town.  Again.





There's a real train track right next door and lucky for us we got to watch a few of those, too.

I thought the Durham Museum would be a pretty inexpensive excursion.  And then I got suckered into buying a personalized choo choo in the gift shop.  Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers