Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Missed Fall

Fall is my favorite season, and it has been several years since I've been able to experience it.  Everyone we've met has told us we must check out Vala's Pumpkin Patch, so off we went this Saturday.

It was unlike anything we have ever experienced.  Tom said multiple times that it was the coolest place he had ever been.  I'd call it more of a "fall theme park" than a pumpkin patch.


 We kicked things off with a dragon feeding.



What did he eat?  A pumpkin, of course!


And then he had to get his teeth brushed.


We strolled through the HUGE storybook section.



He face planted when trying to jump out of Cinderella's pumpkin.


We sipped some apple cider.  We also ate freshly dipped caramel apples, but my camera battery had died by that point.


We viewed some old fashioned farm equipment.


We fed some animals.


He feeds them one. piece. at. a. time.


We happened upon some pig races.



Brendan was chosen out of the crowd to step up front and root for the red pig.

She didn't win, but everybody got a prize anyway.


When I look at this picture, it blows me away how big he looks.



Brendan and I were petting the rabbits, and then we couldn't find Tom.  I thought to myself, "I bet he's over at the homemade soda cart buying himself a soda."  And there I spotted him.
 Caught you!

This root beer was delicious.

 I'm still finding corn kernels here and there.



 
And this is where my camera died.  But we rode the choo choo, played at the playground, ate caramel apples and kettle corn, and rode the wagon out to the "punkin catch" to pick our pumpkins.  It was one of our favorite days together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers