Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Days

What a week we had! Last week we drove to Jacksonville to sell our second car, leaving us with a rental. We had our house packed up. We cleaned the house, and Friday morning we had our move-out inspection. The house checked out ok except for a crisper drawer. Somebody put a watermelon in it this summer and cracked it. Thus, we had to purchase it. As soon as we were all clear with the housing office we hit the road for Florida. Tom's mom was there so we spent our last weekend hanging out with her and the girls.

We weren't sure if the visit was going to work out, considering all we had going on. So, Grandma mailed Brendan's Christmas presents and they got there the day before our house got packed up. That meant Brendan had Christmas early.




My Pal Scout is our new favorite toy. It knows Brendan's name and how to spell it, his favorite color, food, and animal.


Makayla was studying this guy. I knew she was trying to figure out how to climb it. I told her she better not try it.








Tom and the girls really kicked up their heels.




Before we left to go ice skating we stopped for some hot chocolate and coffee and had an impromptu visit from Santa.



Brendan is obviously not a fan. Although, I don't think it's anything personal. He's not a fan of strangers at all these days. And on a side note, I just now noticed that Makayla is hugging his feet.




I enjoyed seeing all the Christmas decorations. I'm finding it a little difficult to get into the holiday spirit this year. I guess it's because we're moving across the planet two weeks before Christmas and I don't get the chance to deck the halls. I miss our Christmas tree. I like to turn it on in the morning and leave it on all day. We'll have to see what we can find once we get to Okinawa. Our baby will have a good first Christmas.







This one was a bittersweet weekend. We had plenty of fun, but in the back of our minds we knew it will be a while before we get to see them again. I'm already planning what we're going to do next summer. And thank goodness for today's technology. We'll be spending lots of time on Skype talking to everyone.

And now I'm ready to get this show on the road. I can't wait to get the traveling part over with. I am anxious about how Brendan is going to handle this jet lag. Wish us luck, and my next post will be from Japan!!

2 comments:

  1. LUCK! I'm sure it will all go great. . .and while it seems (and you are) moving to a totally foreign land, you will be around other Americans, and it helps, a lot. Best of luck- everything WILL work out! Can't wait to see your next post! Take pictures of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of these pics! I am completely impressed with the heighth of Tom's heel clicking jump and the girls too. They sure can jump high!!!

    Hang in there...hope your travels are going well.
    Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers