Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You Know You're A Mom When...

I recently found Kat's blog, and loved this post. So I came up with my own list.

You know you're a mom when...

...your restaurant order is determined by what your toddler can eat.

...you go grocery shopping and come home with multiple bite-sized snacks for a one-year-old and nothing for your husband.

...you wipe milk dribbles off the floor with your sock and don't think twice.

...you know the order in which the animals appear in Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

...after a week of baby diarrhea, you open a diaper and shout, "Yes!!" when you find a solid poop.


Apparently, in Japan Valentine's Day is mostly geared towards the men. Good thing since when Tom went to get me a card (after work on Valentine's Day) there were none left. No problem for me. I prefer the Godiva chocolates anyway. So, since we're living in Japan I attempted to stick with their tradition. I made dinner (fried chicken) and baked a cake. Brendan licked his first beater.






It was strawberry cream cheese frosting. And it was a hit.

Daddy did manage to find a card for Peanut.

When I change his clothes in the mornings I give him a cup of milk and turn on the TV to hopefully distract him enough to keep still. This morning he was mesmerized by Super Letters or something like that.




He also loves Word World. I'm convinced that means he's a genius.



 I'm working on learning how to use this camera of mine...you know, other than leaving it on auto and hoping for the best. In case you didn't know that, you can see the progress here. I also signed up for a month long class to improve my skills. I need all the help I can get. Anyway, today's assignment was to take a picture of a kiss. I used the self-timer for the first time and have no idea how you're supposed to get pictures that aren't blurry. Any suggestions?




2 comments:

  1. Cute post!
    Using the timer is tricky. Basically, you should have an object in the shot where you plan to sit/stand (like the couch behind you), and manually focus so that object is clear. Then set the timer and GO. That usually works for me, though I still end up with a handful of blur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 1st of all, Brendan is sooooo adorable! 2nd, the self timer is a pain in the rear! I only use mine when the object in the pic is going to be still! Like no wiggly kids! hahaha. Even then, anything on manual mode is way more difficult. Maybe you could look into one of those (excuse the incorrect terminology here) shutter buttons on a cord. Hahaha. That way you can hold it in your hand & press the button when ready to snap the pic. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers