Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day, Take 2

Happy Mother's Day!

Mine was great.
Yours?

Just kidding. It wasn't like that ALL day. My poor boy is feeling under the weather. I went to a baby shower yesterday. How cute is she, by the way?

I probably should have asked her before posting this picture. Hope she doesn't mind.

Anyway, when I got home Peanut had just gotten up from a nap and had a slight fever. His fever persisted throughout the weekend. He was even up in the middle of the night last night. I almost took him to the ER tonight but decided against it. If he's not okay in the morning I'll take him to the doctor, but he'd probably leave the ER with more than he had in the first place. I decided the cues he was giving me tonight were pretty much telling me he was tired so we went upstairs to rock and read some books for a while. He was asleep before I got halfway through Rumpelstiltskin. It was 6:30. Bless his heart.

So we've just taken it easy this weekend. Again.


Actually, those two are from last week.

We did a lot of playing, as if you can't tell by the state of our living room.



He is getting more and more interested in books! I'm so excited about it.
He loves this one because the animals come out of it.

Sometimes he brings a book and then plops himself in my lap.

The Swiffer is his new favorite toy.
He stayed with a new sitter while I went to the baby shower. I couldn't have her come to a funky house so I swiffered the floor while Brendan ate breakfast. He almost hurt his neck trying to watch. So when he finished eating I let him go to town. He played with it all weekend.

Kody stayed put for a little lovin'.

Being "easy" is a work in progress.


I usually comb his hair when I bring him back downstairs after his bath. It's so funny because he looks in the mirror and grins at himself like he's the most handsome thing ever. Which he is. 

Last night I decided we'd go with the natural look.

 
When he does this I know it's time for bed.
He sleeps like that most of the time. So does Makayla. I have no idea how that's comfortable.

And he's made a new discovery.

I love his chunky thighs SOOO much!!

He can now open doors.


Mother's Day weekend was not what I expected, but it turned out okay. I actually got to hear from my other two kids. Tom left Alaska this week and is now in Panama City. He has the girls for the weekend so I got a Happy Mother's Day from them, too. Doesn't get much better than that.

Or this.

Happy Mother's Day to my own mom, who I'm anxious to see this July!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Brendan is feeling better! Will was a little stinker at bedtime tonight - I wish he'd fall asleep on me! And I think the Swiffer is his favorite toy, too - not that he sees it very often ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers