Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter (Long) Weekend 2012

Our Easter weekend started with an Easter egg hunt.

I'm not even going to pretend I was excited about this because it was planned right in the middle of the day, which meant Brendan skipped his nap.  But sometimes I just need to let go of routine and let him have some fun.




Fun was definitely had by all of us.






Those kids are eyeing their competition.





We weren't entirely sure what to expect where the Easter Bunny was concerned.

He loved him.
He followed him around for the rest of the party.  I'm sure the treat bag the Easter Bunny was carrying had nothing to do with it.

Taking a break for a "pip" of juice.


He slept a little late Easter morning and I had to wake him up if we were going to make it to church.



Each time we pulled something out he said, "Open it!"


The boys played outside while I cooked dinner, and then Brendan and I went out to play while Dad did the dishes.

The red wagon reappeared.


Thomas movies play on our DVD player pretty much continuously.  Brendan won't sit down to watch it for more than a few minutes, but he to know that it's on.  We don't own any so I keep renting them from the shoppette, and Lord help me if I forget.  The other day I asked him who this is.

He said, "Daddy!"  And I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Monday we had the day off of work.  We originally intended to take a day trip, but Tom wasn't feeling great so we decided to stick close to home.  Brendan and I took him to see the big roller slide we found while he was in Guam.



We looked up and he was halfway up this wall.  He scaled the entire thing on his own.
Roller slides are faster if you sit on cardboard.

Brendan wanted a turn on this slide, but I wouldn't let him.





They disappeared at the top of the hill and when I saw them again they had a big can of apple tea.
He's serious about his apple tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers