Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Here's Looking At You Kid

Dear Brendan,

From here on out it's just the two of us. You and me, me and you. All day long. I have been waiting for this.

NO MORE DAYCARE.



Well, at least until we get settled in Japan and Mommy has a new job.


Although I have hated having to take you to daycare every day, we were very fortunate to find a place with such a sweet lady. You love Mrs. Loretta, and she loves you back. When you were littler I stopped by pretty much every day to see you. Sometimes I would stay a while and play with you. Somestimes I would feed you. And sometimes I would just give you a quick kiss and go back to work. As you have gotten bigger I have had to come less frequently. And I couldn't let you see me or you would think I was there to get you. Sometimes I would watch you through the window and neither you nor Mrs. Loretta knew I was there. I've seen her snuggling you and singing to you and playing with you and reading to you. Although it has not been easy leaving you, knowing that she was good to you and that you love her made it much less painful.


Here you are in your pumpkin shirt on your last day.


I had just gotten you up and you still look sleepy.


When you stay at home with us, you stick to a pretty good nap schedule. However, there is too much to see at daycare and you avoid naps like the plague. I suppose you are afraid you'll miss something. So each afternoon you are in dire need of a nap. Friday evening you took your nap with me on the couch. Just like the old days. I love to hold you while you sleep. It never gets old.


When it was time for you to wake up, I laid you on the floor to let you wake up on your own.




If you wake up on your own, you are usually happy. If we have to wake you up, watch out.






And by the way, I LOVE what you've done with your hair.


All your friends at daycare made a card for you on your last day.


I tried to get a picture of you holding it.


You wouldn't cooperate.

Although I'm sure this time together won't be without its crazy moments, I am looking forward to getting to spend it with you. I love you to the moon and back, my little peanut.

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers