Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

After the monumental event of last Thursday (Brendan rolling over), he decided to follow it up with a few more firsts. While Tom went to pick up the girls Friday evening, Brendan and I strolled up to the playground.

It was getting ready to rain, which made it quite pleasant outside, and the playground happened to be deserted. It was the perfect opportunity for Brendan's first real swing.




I took a lot of swing pictures. It's ok if you get bored with looking at them.

Just make sure you don't tell me about it.


Monday evening Brendan was eating green beans, and squawking between bites because I was taking too long, when he said what I've been waiting for! It actually came out, "mamama." Unfortunately, I could not snap a picture of this momentous occasion.

Brendan also met his Grandma Weber for the first time, and they became fast friends.



I didn't think he knew what he was saying when he said mama, but Grandma said he was looking straight at me once when he said it. Melts my heart and puts a big smile on my face.

Makayla has now begun getting right in front of him and saying, "KAY-LA."  I think it's safe to assume she would like her name to be next. She may be disappointed because I THINK I heard "dada" yesterday.




We also had our first bathtub poop this weekend. I could have done without that. No, I did not get a picture of it. I was too concerned with figuring out how exactly to clean it up.

Brendan got a new high chair.




And Daddy read to Brendan for (I think) the first time.

Notice the title of the book.

Although I'm excited about all these new things, I sure do wish my baby would stay a baby for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers