Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jumping the Gun

Brendan is almost a year old. And he still doesn't sleep through the night. Therefore, I have been experimenting with different foods to try and find something to stick with him all night long. This bottle at two a.m. stuff is getting really old. At his nine month well visit the doctor said that "technically" you are supposed to hold off on peanut butter until two years. I knew that wouldn't happen. Tom and I have no food allergies at all so I figured I would just wait until his birthday. And then the rule breaker herself told me she started Will on peanut butter at eleven months, and that was all I needed to hear.

And there you have it. His first PB&J was a hit.



And so was his chocolate chip cookie.





On a side note, I also jumped the gun and started giving him whole milk in a sippy cup a few weeks ago. Again, I know I was supposed to wait but I decided it would be okay. He loves it.

One day this week Brendan visited the library for the very first time.



I have been an avid reader all my life. I even won a gift card to Barnes & Noble in the seventh grade because I read more books than any other kid in school. True story. Mom used to read out loud to me, even after I was able to read on my own, and I loved it. By the way, Mom, have you seen Ramona & Beezus yet?

Tom, on the other hand, is a different story. He has read one book (A Painted House) since we've been married (almsot four years!), and that was at my insistence. Although I will be very happy if Brendan grows up to be like his daddy, I fervently hope that he will not take after him in this respect. Thus, I try and try to interest him in books.



It's not working yet. He does enjoy Pat the Bunny, which his cousin Kendall sent him. His favorite part is playing peek-a-boo with Paul.

But at the library he was more interested in taking the books off the shelf than he was in reading with me.

His tongue sticks out when he really concentrates. Love it.

Daddy got home from work late last night. We were beginning to wonder where he was.

I call this trio of pictures "Waiting for Daddy."



There's that tongue again.

The little buzzard has figured out how to take his bibs off. Imagine my delight when today I spotted pullover bibs at the BX. I'm sure he'll figure out how to get them off at some point, too. But for now, I win.

Brendan's Pooh high chair has a hunny pot and he likes to play with it. I've been trying to teach him how to put his snacks in it and then dump them onto the tray. He's getting the hang of it.



Carrie piqued my interest with her Project 365 and shooting in manual mode. Earlier this week I really didn't even know what that meant. I've been doing some reading and some playing around and, while I'm certainly not yet ambitious enough for a Project 365, I got this today all on my own.

It sure ain't great but it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures, my friend! Love that you all this extra time for blogging and such :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...outside of my standard "awww that's so cute" comment....why in the world would you insist Tom read "The Painted House"? I agree that was good story but it sure isn't something that is going to reach out & grab ya! You could have at least gotten him something with a little kick to it. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers